Luckily, cleaning your makeup brushes is quick and easy. Some people clean their brushes every week but I'd recommend cleaning them every 2-3 weeks. (Note that your brushes will need a few hours to dry after deep cleaning, so I'd recommend washing them after you've applied your makeup that day.)
You will need:
- A shallow bowl
- Gentle shampoo or baby shampoo
- Your sink
- A lint free cloth
- Begin by running your brushes under lukewarm water, rinsing out all of the residual makeup. Try to focus on the actual bristles while avoiding the part of the brush where the handle meets the head, as this can loosen glue over time.
- Fill a bowl or your sink with lukewarm water and squirt a little shampoo into it. Gently swirl your brush tip in the water. If you need to, you can also swirl your brush tip in the palm of your hand to work up a lather.
- Rinse the brush tip under running water to remove all of the shampoo.
- Repeat steps two and three until the water runs clean from the brush.
- Use a cloth to wipe your brush clean, reshaping the bristles as you go.
- Lay your brushes flat on a cloth to dry.